We will provide a pair of gloves, cold drinks and safety glasses for participants. It is important to wear pants, long sleeve shirt and solid soled shoes. If your bare skin touches the boiler you will get burned, so wearing the proper PPE is a must.
1) Participant must be at least 18 years old.
2) Participant must be physically able to perform manual labor including shoveling coal and must not be opposed to getting dirty.
3) Participants must follow all instructions given by the instructor.
4) In the case of inclement weather, participants may choose to either continue with the experience (knowing that they may get wet) or to reschedule for another day.
5) No refunds will be given unless we are not able to operate on the scheduled day.
The cost is $258.00 for the day. Breakfast and lunch are included.
The J&L Narrow Gauge Railroad is a program of the Youngstown Steel Heritage Foundation
Youngstown Steel Heritage Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.